Of Course these were some very strong words imprinted in our brains by the One the Only: Carrie Bradshaw!


Friday 13 May 2011

"Pedicures and UV Gel Manicures"

Deco De Mode Nail Spa



About 5 yrs ago when Anna the owner of Deco De Mode opened her doors I was drawn to this salon, as I would always walk past it on my way to get my hair done @ The Fix on Broad St. by the fabulous Jed Dulin (he knows how to get my finicky hair color just right).

Since Deco De Mode specializes in all the girlie things one women could need…From Manicures too Pedicures too Waxing, & Tinting, etc… I was particularly drawn to this salon on one basis and that was to find a Nail Salon that used tin bowls to soak my feet in as apposed to the jetted soaker basins most salons use…and the reason I was turned off by those soaker tub’s was a 20/20 episode I watched years ago about women who had contracted nail and skin infections because of the grunge the jetted foot soakers harbor, (dead scraped skin and such) as you can never trust if they clean and disinfect them properly. 



-Not to say I haven’t used jetted foot soakers at times but that 20/20 episode still resonates with me every time I do. 


So based on that anxiety alone I chose Deco De Mode, and what a great choice that was with their massive selection of OPI nail colors and the toluene formaldehyde free ZOYA products they use, I was in nail polish heaven.  Better yet the staff is a lot of fun, and they have the fabulous Katerina Mustafovic who has been an esthetician for 12yrs and specializes in waxing at Deco De Mode. Katerina has a large “Brazilian” clientele following and another thing she is amazing at is giving a killer pedicure! The other day she pampered me with a beautiful looking pedicure accompanied with feet/leg massage, and a feet and hand paraffin wax soak…it was all topped of with a nice cup of green tea.  Thanks Kat!



Katerina limit’s her pedicure skills to only a select few of her clientele but you never know she may just have sometime between her “Brazilians” to fit you in? Even if she’s too busy no worries all the girls at Deco De Mode are wonderful at what they do…

Take Cathy Ferreira for example she applied my "White" colour of choice, UV Gel Polish to my finger nails with precise patience and the best part is how particular about the application of the UV polish she is…if it’s not up to her standards it’s just not good enough!  Now this is one trait in a person I completely get.  Like I always say "if you want it done right, do it yourself!"… unless you have a person like Cathy who thinks the same way and can do it just right for you- no questions asked.

-White polish





-UV Polish is the best thing to happen to finger nail polish!  It last’s up to 2 weeks and doesn’t chip!!! (Hallelujah)



What is Soak-off UV Gel Polish?

Unlike a traditional nail polish, soak-off gel polish is painted on with a brush and each layer is “cured” under a UV light to dry. Soak-off Gels come in a wide array of colors and finishes.
What are the benefits?
Dry time – The UV light dries the polish within minutes, which means no dry time, no smudging, no dents. Talk about the perfect manicure choice.
Long lasting – Soak-off Gel lasts from 2-3 weeks with no chipping.

And when it’s time to have them removed you will know…I peel mine off, but they typically are soaked off as this is less stress on your nail bed.
Less damaging – Unlike traditional enhancements you don’t have to fear the drills or filing down of your nails.

Works on natural nails – Soak-off Gel Polish is used over a natural nail just like traditional polish is applied…You can also layer polish on top – If you want to change your color mid-manicure, you can. Paint right over Soak-Off Gel with regular nail polish and remove it with non-acetone remover.


Note: It's not a do it yourself nail polish...unless you want to purchase the UV Blue Light to set the polish...and all the other stuff to go along with it, I suggest get someone else to fuss over you.


- Deco De Mode does private Spa Parties as well, so get 7 or more girls together for an evening of pampering.
-Deco De Mode will provide appetizers and your desired music selection...all you do is relax!


Call Deco De Mode Today: 
#250-380-6533
Address- 1014 Broad Street Victoria BC.


For prices on services check out:
www.decodemode.com


Enjoy your experience.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Alana,

    I was 'googling' UV gel nail manicures in Victoria because I had heard about how great they are and your blog appeared as one of the results. Great job on the blog. It is very entertaining.

    Alexa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is good to know, thank you for that Alexa!
    And it's nice to know you enjoy the blogs. May was a busy month for me I feel bad that I only posted 3 blogs...but I enjoy it and I will keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, enjoy your blog, Alana! I love the girly stuff you post here. Although, I kind of came in late to this one. It seems you had a FUN-tastic salon experience here. The white polish is glamorous; I think it is perfect for short nails. And yes, Soak-off UV Gel Polish isn't usually meant for DIY. Have someone to help you or go to your fave salon if you want it done perfectly.
    Stela@ThePureSalonSpa.com

    ReplyDelete